This post was kindly written by Mark Cooper who this summer ran 50 marathons from Amsterdam to Barcelona! Check out his site here and follow him on twitter here.
Dear Santa – The Wish List of an Ultramarathon runner;
These are just a few things that would be on my Ultramarathon wish list, I don’t think its much to ask for Saint Nick! Jog on!
1. Anaesthetic and a syringe to inject into with for my poor feet so that I cant feel the pain or the toenails that are now rolling around inside my shoes.
2. A varied selection of Buffs not because they give me much real benefit when running in UK conditions but mainly because Im a poser who likes brightly coloured clothing.
3. A proper fitting Camelpak (North Face if possible)
4. As many Jelly Beans as possible for race day fuel and relaxing days soaking my feet.
5. An iceberg to chip away at in order to have a nice cold bath after long runs.
6. Proper fitting Trail shoes, UK Gear do some great pairs and are a favourite, hint hint .
7. Someone to shout at when the going gets tough or alternatively a stick with a boxing glove attached so I can punch myself in the face as punishment for once again doing something so stupid!
8. An extra Garmin for when the other ones dies (it only has a battery life or maybe 12 hours max)
9. Someone get me a chair! (At the end of running 100 miles in 17 hours, Hooked!)
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Kayaker