This wishlist is from Olly Hicks. Olly has rowed across the Atlantic from North America to Europe and is about to set off again to try and row round Antarctica. You can follow him on his twitter here and on his website here.
This is his wishlist:
Dear Father Christmas,
I have been a good boy this year and have been persevering with trying to find the elusive sponsorship in these straitened times without losing my cool or being too cast down by the endless stream of rejections! I think we are getting there and so I need some new bits and bobs for my next voyage.
1. Please can I have a main sponsor who is very generous, likeminded and passionate about the concept of rowing around the world!
2. Please can I have a couple of 100ah genasun batteries (geeky eh!?). These will save me a lot of weight and then I will go faster and get home quicker perhaps in 18 months instead of 2 years!
3. GO pro HD cameras to film the mayhem enroute
4. Superwind turbine to power my music-oh and the watermaker….
5. Super strong mind and body and some popeye arms.
6. Constant Westerly Winds to push me around the globe.
7. Strong circumpolar currents to pull me around the Southern Ocean.
8. Not too many icebergs to bump into.
9. Some friendly Albatrosses and whales to entertain me on my tod in the Southern Ocean.
I know this is a lot to ask for but I will be good and row hard and not sleep or fish too much. I hope the Reindeer and elves are in fine fettle at this busy time of year.
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Mountaineer