This wishlist was kindly written by Bonita Norris-check out her site here and follow her on Twitter here.
Dear Father Christmas,
This year I’ve tried to be really good! Can you please, please get me…
1. Karrimor 60lr sac. I think the most trusted pacs in the business. Karrimor is British and kitted out Chris Bonnington’s Everest expeds and have been making top quality ruc-sacs for yonks. 60lr is a good size.
2. Pair of Viper Ice Axes. I have no real need for these babies as cannot climb grade 6 ice. But what a cool piece of kit to just HAVE. A real incentive to get good during this Scottish winter.
3. La Sportiva high altitude boots. I need a new pair of HA boots as I’ve lost mine. It’s not like I’ve had much use for them since Everest but as I’m off to attempt Ama Dablam next year it might be time to start thinking about a new pair.
3. ‘Wet ones’. In my opinion you can never have enough wet wipes on expedition. Don’t do what I did on Manaslu and buy baby wipes-no alcohol in them so they freeze. I ended up carrying a brick up the hill and smelling bad.
4. Tiger Balm. A little luxury that Rob Casserley taught me to carry on the hill-great for keeping skin in good nick.
5. An Ipod. I’ve never owned an Ipod, I am known for scavenging them on expedition. I’d have Bob Dylan, Ellie Goulding, Mumford and Sons and Far East Movement on repeat.
6. Bin bags. They’re great-there are a million uses for them. Sit on them, keep things waterproofed, use them on tent floors and actually as a bin. Buy the best quality you can afford!!
7. SLR camera. Mountaineering is just suffering, with the occassional good view. So getting my money’s worth is important to me. Disposables are a must-all my Everest summit photos are from a disposable and actually look very cool.
8. Crocs. I swore I’d never EVER buy a pair, but the flip flop and sock combo at base camp is not a good look. They do good cheap versions in Namche Bazaar for 300rupees which are light and easily squashed into the bottom of a rucsac.
9. Branston Pickle. Goes with everything and surely counts as a vegetable portion??
10. A super rich sponsor who likes giving all of their money away. Need i say more?!
Love from Bonita x
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Swimmer
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Polar Explorer
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Ocean Rower
An Adventurers Christmas Wishlist: Ultra Runner